Daily Inspiration

tháng 5 21, 2018


5 years ago, I was driving from Ventura to Carpinteria along the Pacific Coast Highway checking for surf and spotted this VW T3 Westfalia. At the stage in my life, I was spending most of my time lurking up and down the coast of California, surfing by day, stealth camping by night and amassing a near encyclopedic knowledge of hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurants from LA to San Francisco. As a van dweller, I was always on the lookout for other people living in their vans, and this person's van/drying rack caught my eye. I snapped a few frames of my Mamiya 6, and went on my way. When it came time to lay out Home Is Where You Park It with @victoryjournal, I knew I wanted to use this image for the cover. It conveys so much of what I loved about my time spent living in my van; self reliance, the sense of freedom and discovery of having your own escape pod, and the accessibility of reconnecting with nature (in this case the ocean) on the relative cheap. Every time I look at this photo, it takes me back. The fourth edition of Home Is Where You Park It is now back in stock in my web store (follow the link in my profile or head to store.arestlesstransplant.com) to get a copy before they are gone (I order 1000 at a time and they go fast!) and use the discount code Vanlife10 to get 10% off. #vanlife@fosterhunting via Instagram

You Might Also Like

0 nhận xét

Like us on Facebook